bsddb support for berkeley db 4.3?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 12 13:24:43 EST 2005

janeaustine50 at hotmail.com wrote:
> It doesn't seem like the python 2.4(and the recent 2.4.1) support
> berkeley db 4.3.

What makes you say that? It builds fine for me.

> bsddb3(at pybsddb.sf.net) already supports 4.3 since last December(but
> doesn't explicitly support win32 -- see the assert statement in
> setup.py). I thought the bsddb3 project were merged into the python
> project. Hasn't it?

It certainly has. However, the authors of bsddb3 are free to release
new versions of their software whenever they wish to, independent of
any Python releases. They are encouraged to merge their changes into the
Python CVS, but they are requested to avoid adding new features to
Python 2.4.

Regards,
Martin