urllib problem (maybe bugs?)

Diez B. Roggisch deets.nospaaam at web.de
Thu Mar 31 11:31:21 EST 2005

>> my guess is that the server shuts the connection down when you're send
>> too much data to it.  have you contacted the server administrators? (see
>> the bottom of that page).
>
> I'll try to check on this. Thanks. However that
> filling-in-incorrect-value-for-an-attribute error is still
> unexplainable.

I just debugged a soap request using apache axis tcpmon - you can run that
as a proxy and it will monitor the connection. I'm not entirely sure how
urllib handles proxies, but I suppose you can use the common environment
variables.

So fire up tcpmon,  make a browser request over it and an urllib-based and
compare the results.
--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch