Working on a log in script to my webpage

Pete..... helten0007 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 07:28:07 EST 2005

Hi again.

This question might sound a bit strange, but here I go anyway.

I found a tutorial on how to make member areas with ASP. ( It looked very
complicated the info I found about making and using cookies to store session
ID's with python)

Can I use python code and SQL statements in ASP.

The example only shows how to log in to a member area if the password is
written in the asp code ( I mean the program dosnt connect to a my
postgresql database to see if the username/password are correct.

I was thinking if I can use some of the code from the tutorial and put my
own python code in, I will have solved my problem.

I dont know that much about asp but I also found a tutorial on that, which
in going to read..

Thanks for your time.
The members area tutorial can be found here.
http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com/article.php?id=392

"bruce" <bedouglas at earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.142.1110339609.1799.python-list at python.org...
> pete...
>
> simply use google and search for "php scripts login user authentication
> mysql session etc..."
>
> these terms will give you lots of examples... you could also look at some
> of
> the bulletin board/forum apps that are open source to se what they use.
> or,
> you could also look through the code for some of the php content
> management
> apps... of course, there are also the open source ecommerce solutions. all
> of these types of apps have functionality to deal with the user
> login/registration issues...
>
> -regards,,,

>>> username = form["username"].value
>>> code= form["code"].value
>>>
>>> I then want to test if they match the ones in the database
>>>
>>> insert_command = "SELECT username, code FROM codetable WHERE
>>> codetable.username = '%s' AND codetable.code = '%s' " %(username, code)