Python for a 10-14 years old?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Mar 27 08:21:50 EST 2005

In article <1111640584.385919.268180 at l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
 <tnozh at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there something out there like "Python for kids" which would explain
>*basic* programming concepts in a way which is accessible and
>entertaining for kids aged 10-14 (that about where her brain is right
>now) and which would allow them to "play around" and have fun solving
>small problems?

Take a look at http://www.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers
where there are a couple of bits oriented toward younger people and lots
of bits oriented toward adults.  I'm sure something there will strike
your daughter's fancy.

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR