xmlrpc with Python and large datases

writeson writeson at charter.net
Mon Mar 21 08:36:03 EST 2005

Hi all,

I helped one of my co-workers put together an XMLRPC Python script that
allowed him to get database data from remote machines. This was done
because the source of the data could be Oracle on a Sun/Solaris
machine, and MySQL on our linux machines. Doing the script in Python
allowed him to gather the date with a general purpose API and just send
over some SQL queries.

Since then he's run into a problem. If he sends a query that gets a
very large recordset from the database the script fails and it vaguely
reports about a "broken pipe", which I'm guessing is a problem with the
network connection. Has anyone else seen this use XMLRPC and Python and
large amounts of data being returned via XMLRPC? And if so, is there a
solution?

Thanks,
Doug