Apparently, I don't understand threading

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Sun Mar 13 21:03:04 EST 2005

The Python threading model doesn't allow one thread to forcibly terminate
another.  This has been discussed many times before, I think that the short
answer is a combination of (a) it's hard to specify what happens in the
terminated thread, without the possibility of leaving the program in an unknown
state and (b) the threading modules are very lowest-common-denominator, not
requiring features that aren't already built into all the targeted OS/threading
library combination.

Jeff