Gordon McMillan installer and Python 2.4

Just just at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 3 08:23:53 EST 2005

In article <1109855372.948176.28600 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "Serge Orlov" <Serge.Orlov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Svein Brekke wrote:
> > > Seriously, if you're only interested in Windows, just use py2exe,
> > > or if you want Linux+Windows, try cx_Freeze.
> >
> > According to the command line help for cx_Freeze and py2exe, they
> > cannot pack my program with additional installation files into one
> > self-extracting .exe file (which is what I want to do).
> >
> > Am I wrong on this?
>
> You're right, but that doesn't mean py2exe is not for you. Packing
> a program, displaying a license, choosing installation directory
> is not Python specific, just use a generic installer. They are better
> because they have much more users than Python specific installers.
> See for example http://nsis.sourceforge.net/features/featurelist/
>
> Use py2exe to bundle python core, extentions and your program into
> one directory, then use nsis to create the installator.

It's not so much about the installation I suppose. A friend of mine is
packaging an app for Windows, and he _really_ likes the installed thing
to be a single-file .exe, not a folder with many things. Apparently
McMillan Installer does that very nicely. Too bad it doesn't support
Python 2.4 (yet).

Just