Which is easier? Translating from C++ or from Java...

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:34:56 EST 2005

On 29 Mar 2005 11:02:38 -0800, cjl <cjlesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> Thanks for the responses...
>
> I've found a third open source implementation in pascal (delphi), and
> was wondering how well that would translate to python?

cjl, I think that the responses on the list so far collectively point
the the correct answer: mu.

pick your favorite, or the most well written, or the clearest code, or
the one that contains the most 'e's, and try to translate it.
Whichever you choose, dig deep enough to get to the underlying meaning
of what's going on so that you don't end up writing another language
in python. If you do this, it doesn't matter which of the three you
pick.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com