Python plug-in Frameworks like Eclipse RCP...

Jim Hargrave jhargraveiii at msn.com
Wed Mar 30 20:26:07 EST 2005

Eclipse provides a very nice application framework which supports
plug-ins. It's easy to dynamically add new functionality, menu items,
property editors, options etc.. using a combination of XML and Java code.

Is there a similar framework for Python? If not any hints on how such a
framework would be implemented?

I'm building a client side tool using Python/wxPython for our
translators and would like to have a pluggable architecture similar to
Eclipse RCP

thanks!