Python 2.4 / WinXP / distutils error (cookbook example)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 7 15:56:06 EST 2005

magoldfish at yahoo.com wrote:
> I have Visual Studio .NET Professional installed.

There are several solutions, but one is to install Visual Studio .NET
2003 (which is different from Visual Studio .NET, also referred to
as VS.NET 2002). Microsoft managed to rename the C library (CRT) between
2002 (msvcr7.dll) and 2003 (msvcr71.dll), and you need to make sure
your extension uses the same CRT as the one used to build Python.

Regards,
Martin