Wishlist item: itertools.flatten

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Mar 11 17:55:38 EST 2005

On 12 Mar 2005 00:44:39 +0200, rumours say that Ville Vainio
<ville at spammers.com> might have written:

>    Christos> This is just a personal opinion, but I detest restraints
>    Christos> on library (itertools module in this case) expansion
>    Christos> when talking about such useful *building blocks*.
>
>Yeah - esp. in the case of flattening. If it was deemed useful enough
>to be the default behavior in perl (which is admittedly braindamaged),
>it should surely warrant being included as a single function in the
>stdlib.

Or a window function, which I have needed enough times in *separate* occasions
to add it in one of my personal "stdlib" modules (hinting it could be part of
itertools):

window('hello', 2) => 'he', 'el', 'll', 'lo'
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.