wanted: visual report templating system

robin escalation746 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 15:58:12 EST 2005

I am looking for a client/server reporting tool to use with a web
application built in Python.

It would consist of three parts:

1. a data definition & retrieval engine that interfaces to RDBMS or
other data files

2. a visual designer in which a nontechnical person can create a
report layout template (supporting charts, text, graphics, etc.)

3. a server engine to merge the two and create on-the-fly reports when
requested programmatically.

A similar application would be the ReportMill product for Java:
http://www.reportmill.com/product/

Price should not exceed 4 figures (in US$).

Seems like a reasonable expectation, but all I am readily aware of in
this market is ReportLab. Any suggestions?

-- robin