Licensing Python code under the Python license

Daniel Keep daniel.keep at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 02:16:48 EST 2005

I'm currently working on a Python program, and was wondering if it's
possible to license the program, some associated tools, and a few other
libraries I've written under the Python license.

I had a look at the new PSF Python license on the list of OSI-approved
licenses, but it makes numerous direct mentions of Python and the PSF.
Is there any acceptable way to simply say that a particular source file
is under the PSF license (like you can w/ the GPL/LGPL), and would it
even apply?

Or am I just on the completely wrong track, and should I look
elsewhere? :P

Thanks.

    -- Daniel