Python for a 10-14 years old?

Reinout van Schouwen reinout at cs.vu.nl
Thu Mar 24 08:18:08 EST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Mar 2005 tnozh at yahoo.com wrote:

> I am blessed with a *very* gifted nine-years old daughter for whom I
> have recently installed an old GNU/Linux Mandrake 7.2 on an equally old
> Pentium Pro box.

FWIW. Given a reasonable amount of RAM (256MB should suffice), newer
Mandrakelinux versions (the latest being 10.1 with 10.2 almost out) will
run nicely on that Pentium Pro. The advantage would be a much more
modern user interface, security updates (important if it's connected to
the internet) and of course, a recent Python package out of the box.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout at cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778