[ANN]: Last Chance 2005 IORCC Entries

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Wed Mar 30 15:36:34 EST 2005

Hi All--

iorcc at yahoo.com wrote:

> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wed Mar 30 11:58:39 CST 2005
> LOCATION:              http://iorcc.dyndns.org/2005/press/033005.html
> ANNOUNCEMENT:          2005 IORCC Deadline Approaches
>                        Entry Deadline March 31st, 2005
>                        Less than 36 Hours Left, Great Prizes and Fun!
>
> Dear Rubyists, Perlists, Shellists, Cists and Hackers,

I still don't understand why we are receiving this.  Apparently,
Pythonistas are either not eligible or we are lumped under 'Hackers.'
If the former, I can certainly understand; it is possible, but
fiendishly difficult, to write obfuscated code in Python, and thus, any
Pythonista submitting *any* obfuscated code would win almost by
default.  The others wouldn't even bother to enter, in that case.

If the latter, that shows what they think of us, and why should we enter
a contest where we are dissed by being shoehorned into someone else's
categories?

Metta,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.andi-holmes.com/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours