[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1

Vincent Wehren vincent at visualtrans.de
Fri Mar 11 13:24:19 EST 2005

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>
>> On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
>> happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 1).
>>
>> Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website
>> (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of
>> the bugs squished in this release.
>

> I'd like to encourage feedback on whether the Windows installer works
> for people. It replaces the VBScript part in the MSI package with native
> code, which ought to drop the dependency on VBScript, but might
> introduce new incompatibilities.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Hi Martin,

is there a reason why msiexec iterates through what looks like all (?)
files and directories in/under the destination directory? There is
massive file I/O going on there (OK, by now you know I didn't de-install
2.4 before trying ;-)) which explains the 100% CPU usage and the time it
takes for the Next button to respond.

--

Vincent Wehren