How to get rid of FutureWarning: hex/oct constants...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Mar 24 18:21:39 EST 2005

How do I get rid of the following warning?

  <path>.py:233: FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up
  fcntl.ioctl(self.dev.fileno(),0xc0047a80,struct.pack("HBB",i,0,0))

I tried using 0xc0047a80L.  That got rid of the warning, but
then I got an exception when fcntl.ioctl() was called because
the long int was too large to be converted to an int.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm losing my
                                  at               hair...did it go to