PythonWin

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+gravity at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 18:42:20 EST 2005

Thomas Philips:

> However, if I run it in ActivePython's PythonWin, a small message
> box pops up, with hardly any space to diplay msg and a smallish
> space into which I can type my answer. How can I force PythonWin
> to get its input from the execution window

   You will have to implement the feature which looks to me like much
work which is why it wasn't done that way by default.

> or to enlarge its message box sufficiently to display the entire
> question?

   The dialog is included as a binary resource in a DLL, win32ui.pyd.
You could get the source code, change the dialog resource and recompile
PythonWin. Another approach would be to manipulate the dialog and
control sizes after creation in pythonwin/pywin/mfc/dialog.py
GetSimpleInput().

   Neil