simultaneous copy to multiple media

Swaroop C H swaroopch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 05:48:55 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:41:10 -0000, Claudio Grondi
<claudio.grondi at freenet.de> wrote:
> I would like to save time copying the same file
> (>6 GByte) to various different target storage
> media connected to the system via USB.
>
> Is there a (Python or other) tool able to help me
> to do this, so that I don't need to copy the
> source file first to the first media, then to the
> second, etc.?

If you are using *nix, maybe you can use the `tee` command[1] and
redirect the file to different places.

For example,

cat <somefile> | tee file1 | tee file2 > file3

I haven't tried it out but it should work.

[1]: http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?tee

HTH,
--
Swaroop C H