LD_LIBRARY_PATH - how to set?

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:15:45 EST 2005

Thanks for help. But it is not exactly solution I am looking for. I
would like to do it from python script. For example

update_env() #<- this function will change LD_LIBRARY_PATH
import extension_that_depends_on_shared_library

Roman

On Mar 31, 2005 9:35 AM, John Abel <john.abel at pa.press.net> wrote:
> With Solaris 8+ you would use the command crle, with Linux
> (RedHat/SuSE/Mandrake) you need to add the relevant directories
> /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.  I've not got a Debian box to hand, so
> I can't say if it matches, but that should give you a pointer.

I think I should have permissions to do it. (more over users of my
scripts should have permissions )