Rif: Re: How To Do It Faster?!?

Diez B. Roggisch deets.nospaaam at web.de
Thu Mar 31 09:21:29 EST 2005

andrea.gavana at agip.it wrote:
> Am I missing something on the stat module? I'm running Python 2.3.4.

Yes, you are missing that this is more unix-like. It seems to work in a
certain degree on windows - but as the user-model between unix and windows
is considerably different, you found a not-so-well working part.

I don't think that your code could be much faster at all - the limits are
not so much within python than windows itself. The only thing I can think
of is to use python-win32 to make the calls that dir with your various
options does itself. That would maybe save you the additional overhead of
creating a string representation (done by dir) and parsing that - but I
doubt the performance gain justifies the means.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch