using python to parse md5sum list

Ben Rf ben.rafael at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:54:34 EST 2005

Hi

I'm new to programming and i'd like to write a program that will parse
a list produced by md5summer and give me a report in a text file on
which md5 sums appear more than once and where they are located.

the end end goal is to have a way of finding duplicate files that are
scattered across a lan of 4 windows computers.

I've dabbled with different languages over the years and i think
python is a good language for this but i have had a lot of trouble
sifting through manual and tutorials finding out with commands i need
and their syntax.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

Ben