Python limericks (was Re: Text-to-speech)

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 21 01:52:15 EST 2005

Steve Holden said unto the world upon 2005-03-20 16:18:

<SNIP>

> Since it's PyCon week, I will offer a prize of $100 to the best (in my
> opinion) limerick about Python posted to this list (with a Cc: to
> pycon at python.org) before midday on Friday. The prize money will be my
> own, so there are no other rules. I will post my judgment when the PyCon
> nonsense has died down a little, but the winner will be read before the
> entire PyCon audience. Get to it!
>
> regards
>  Steve

Homage to the Interactive Interpreter (with apologies to all the monks
out there):

     My dear Guido dared once to combine
     Out of objects, command of a line
         There was nary a brace.
         In their place? Some whitespace!
     And cast many their Perl before swine.

(I agree that the idiom played upon in the last line is obverted, but
but plead poetic license :-)

Best to all,

Brian vdB