how can I put a 1Gb file in a zipfile??

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sun Mar 20 05:45:53 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:44:06 +0100, rumours say that Bennie <rotzjes at wanadoo.nl>
might have written:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with ZipFile.
>It works okay untily I come across a file that is greater then 1Gb.
>Then it exit with the error:
>	OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int
>
>How can I fix this?

AFAIR there is a 4GiB (or 2GiB) size limit applying both to files added to zip
and to the total size of the zip file.  This limit comes from the zip file
specification (32 bit offsets).

>souce:
>	zip = zipfile.ZipFile(file, 'w')
>
>	for all in os.walk(os.getcwd()):
>		path = all[0]
>		for document in all[2]:
>			zipaccview.write(path + os.sep + document)
>
>	zip.close()

Can it be that you are creating a zip file that its total size exceeds the
limit?
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.