os.walk(entire filesystem)

Tobiah toby at rcsreg.com
Wed Mar 9 19:15:29 EST 2005

> When I do os.walk('/') on a Linux computer, the entire file system is
> walked. On windows, however, I can only walk one drive at a time (C:\,
> D:\, etc.).

If this is a personal utility for one computer, and if you run XP on
that computer, then you have the ability to mount secondary drives
on to the file system of your main drive.  This would give you the
effect that you are enjoying on the Linux side.

I am guessing that the utility that does this is the same one
that allows you to partition drives, but I'm not sure.