Distributing closed source modules

Jiri Barton jbar at hosting4u.cz
Thu Mar 24 14:35:19 EST 2005

Hi,

I'd like to be able to distribute some python modules of my system (plugins)
without the source. So far, I have done this by including only the *.pyc
files. However, I have recently found they are platform dependent and
python version dependent.

This approach has been very convenient because I don't have to mess up with
__import__ and the like - which seem to be kind of a pain when inter-module
dependencies are introduced.

Can some one point me in another direction of protecting the code? I know
and this whole thing just does not sound right to me either but I am forced
to do so.

TIA,  jbar