iterable terminology (for language lawyers)

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:38:00 EST 2005

R. Hettinger wrote:
> You're best bet is to quote the tutorial's glossary,
> http://docs.python.org/tut/node18.html :

Aha! That glossary looks like a nice new addition to the tutorial.
Maybe the standard library and the language
reference should link to it somewhere? (maybe
there already such links but I missed them).

Would you agree with Leif's definition that iterable is
any x such that iter(x) does not raise an error? On top
of my head I don't find any counter example and it
is the kind of definition I had in mind.

           Michele Simionato