Simple XML-to-Python conversion

gaudetteje at gmail.com gaudetteje at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 18:38:57 EST 2005

Thanks Lutz!

I should have looked into Amara's binderytools module earlier.  This is
just the type of tool I was looking for.  When I tried testing its
compatibility with py2exe, I was _almost_ able to compile...  Does
anyone know where the following libraries exist?  I thought Amara would
have these included, but it looks like I need to install another
module.

<SNIP>previous compiling stuff</SNIP>
*** copy dlls ***
copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\python23.dll -> E:\src\python\xml\dist
copying c:\python23\w9xpopen.exe -> E:\src\python\xml\dist
setting sys.winver for 'E:\src\python\xml\dist\python23.dll' to
'py2exe'
copying c:\python23\lib\site-packages\py2exe\run.exe ->
E:\src\python\xml\dist\amarabind.exe
The following modules appear to be missing
['FtMiniDom.GetAllNs', 'FtMiniDom.SeekNss', 'FtMiniDom.implementation',
'FtMiniD
om.nonvalParse', 'FtMiniDom.valParse', 'XmlStripc',
'xml.parsers.xmlproc']
E:\src\python\xml>

These Ft* and Xml* modules should have been installed with Amara,
correct?  After running the setup.py script, it generates my .EXE file
and outputs the correct text, but with the addition of a prepended
Traceback dump:

E:\src\python\xml\dist>amarabind.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyc", line 320, in ?
  File "Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyc", line 68, in __init__
  File "Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyc", line 85, in parse
  File "Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyc", line 131, in parseXmlCat
  File "xml\sax\expatreader.pyc", line 107, in parse
  File "xml\sax\xmlreader.pyc", line 123, in parse
  File "xml\sax\expatreader.pyc", line 207, in feed
  File "xml\sax\expatreader.pyc", line 379, in external_entity_ref
  File "xml\sax\saxutils.pyc", line 292, in prepare_input_source
  File "urllib.pyc", line 76, in urlopen
  File "urllib.pyc", line 154, in open
  File "urllib.pyc", line 937, in toBytes
LookupError: unknown encoding: ASCII
Default catalog C:\Python23\Share\4Suite\default.cat not found
Anise-Almond Biscotti
margarine :: 4 tablespoons
sugar :: 3/4 cup
eggs :: 4
all-purpose flour :: 21/2 cups
crushed anise seeds :: 2 teaspoons
baking powder :: 1 1/2 teaspoons
salt :: 1/4 teaspoon
whole blanched almonds :: 1/3 cup

Any additional help is greatly appreciated!

Jay