Listbox fill=BOTH expand=YES (Tkinter)

Raseliarison nirinA nirina at mail.blueline.mg
Wed Mar 16 16:54:46 EST 2005

"Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou" wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:48:17 +0300,
> rumours say that [i] might have written:
>
> >yes, indeed.
> >True
> >
> >thanks Harlin,
>
> I hope you also know that
>
> .>> 'inexistent keyword' and 'YES' in dir(Tkconstants)
>
> is also True...

yeah, known but forgotten.

hmmm .......
let's try :

    >>> import Tkconstants
    >>> 'YES' in dir(Tkconstants)
    True
    >>> 'True' in dir(Tkconstants)
    False
    >>> 'TRUE' in dir(Tkconstants)
    True
    >>> ('inexistent keyword') in dir(Tkconstants)
    False

so
    >>> 'TRUE' and 'YES' in dir(Tkconstants)
    True
    >>> 'inexistent keyword' and 'YES' in dir(Tkconstants)
    True

i'll recite 42 times truth tables before going to bed.
however i didn't expect the following:

    >>> 'inexistent keyword' or 'YES' in dir(Tkconstants)
    'inexistent keyword'
    >>> False or 'YES' in dir(Tkconstants)
    True

hmmm...

    >>> ('inexistent keyword' or 'YES') in dir(Tkconstants)
    False
    >>> (False or 'YES') in dir(Tkconstants)
    True

i'll recite 42 times precedence rules before going to bed.
but now i'm a bit confused by the -in- operator. as:

    >>> set(['TRUE','YES']).issubset(set(dir(Tkconstants)))
    True

i expected this to be true, but it's not:

    >>> set(['TRUE','YES']) in set(dir(Tkconstants))
    False

originaly, i'm thinking to short-cut the following,
    >>> reduce(lambda t,f: t and f, [i in dir(Tkconstants) for i in
'YES','inexistent keyword'])
    False
    >>> reduce(lambda t,f: t and f, [i in dir(Tkconstants) for i in
'TRUE','YES'])
    True

but that was too short and i miss something!
i do reset my brain somewhere between cell234 and cell241
thanks for reading!

--
nirinA