What's the cost of using hundreds of threads?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Wed Mar 2 12:08:04 EST 2005

In article <d047rn$dtf$1 at julia.coi.pw.edu.pl>,
Przemys³aw Ró¿ycki  <P.Rozycki at elka.pw.edu.pl> wrote:
>Thanks for your comments on winXP threads implementation. You confirmed
>me in conviction that I shouldn't use windows.
>Personally I use linux with 2.6.10 kernel, so hopefully I don't have to
>share your grief. ;)

?  !?  I'm confused, and apparently I'm confusing others.
The one message I posted in this thread--largely reinforced
by others--emphasizes only that WinXP is far *better* than
earlier Win* flavors in its thread management.  While I not
only agree that Windows has disadvantages, but have stopped
buying it for our company, my reasons have absolutely nothing
to do with the details of implementation of WinXP.