Suggestions for a Java programmer

Ray ray_usenet at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 09:01:45 EST 2005

Hi Christos,

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2005 00:22:09 -0800, rumours say that "Ray"
> <ray_usenet at yahoo.com> might have written:
>
> Searching google for "python for java programmers" (without the
quotes)
> produces:
>
> Python for Java programmers - Irmen's Python wiki

Yes, I feel that this wiki touches more on how Java compares to Python
(as opposed to how to *think* in Python). Maybe I should get the Python
Cookbook to  absorb more of the Python way of thinking, you think?

> Python & Java: Side by Side Comparison

This also compares Java & Python, the differences of which I am already
aware of.

> Jython Home Page (which you might like a lot)

Thanks, I've used it before, but I feel that I was using it to "write
Java in Python"

> dirtSimple.org: Python Is Not Java (some useful pointers)

This is the one I was referring to. I'm looking for something like this
(how some common idioms in Java is not the best way to do it in Python,
and how to do things the Python way).

Thanks!
Ray