PyOpenGL issues (glutGetModifiers())

Timo Finnilä tfinnila at mail.REMOVE.student.THE.oulu.CAPS.fi
Sun Mar 6 10:34:05 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm having some weird issues with Python 2.4 and PyOpenGL 2.0.2.01 (and
also with older versions).

When I call glutGetModifiers from event handler functions (set using
glutMouseFunc, glutMotionFunc etc...), it just says:

"GLUT: Warning in foo: glutCurrentModifiers: do not call outside core
input callback."

And the return value is always zero.

This problem appeared once I installed PyOpenGL 2.0.2.01. Some older
version did work fine otherwise, but crashed if CTRL was pressed during
a mouse event. And oh, everything worked just fine with Python 2.3 and
some older version of PyOpenGL.

I've already run out of ideas, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--timof