using python to parse md5sum list

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Mar 7 03:14:09 EST 2005

On 5 Mar 2005 19:54:34 -0800, rumours say that ben.rafael at gmail.com (Ben Rf)
might have written:

[snip]

>the end end goal is to have a way of finding duplicate files that are
>scattered across a lan of 4 windows computers.

Just in case you want to go directly to that goal, check this:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/messages/048e292ec9adb82d

It doesn't read a file at all, unless there is a need to do that.  For example,
if you have ten small files and one large one, the large one will not be read
(since no other files would be found with the same size).

In your case, you can use the find_duplicate_files function with arguments like:
r"\\COMPUTER1\SHARE1", r"\\COMPUTER2\SHARE2" etc
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.