'Browse' button for *.txt file?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Mar 10 22:21:54 EST 2005

Fred wrote:
> Sorry if my choice of words is not very clear to you, but as english
> is not my first language, I put it this way because of a lack of
> better words.
> I will try it differently:
> What I meant is that I am searching for a module, that would allow me
> to select a file by not using a typed path, but by choosing it like a
> file in the normal windows exploer, where all the folders and
> subfolders are listed. (I still don't know the word for this
> method...)
> And I meant open and read data from files, again 'lack of better words'.
> I am using Windows XP, Python 2.3.5 with win32all extension.
> Sorry for the trouble this caused!

Don't worry about that, comp.lang.python is very forgiving.

You might get some ideas from these URLs:

   http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/excerpts/chpt20/?page=10
   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch20.html
   http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/index.phtml/fid/264

Some of which are extracted from Mark Hammond's and Andy Robinson's
"Python Programming on Win32".

regards
  Steve