breaking up is hard to do

bbands bbands at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 18:37:03 EST 2005

Thanks for your reply.

That seems like an interesting and practical approach. However, I have
one worry. In addition to the config file I am parsing command-line
overrides to the config values via optparse. Many modules, classes and
functions depend on these values, which means a lot of code duplication
and changes that must be made in many places when a change is needed.
It would seem simpler and more elegant to have all these values held by
one global resource that is referenced whenever needed. Am I missing
something?

    jab