wxPython vs. pyQt

Swaroop C H swaroopch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:04:39 EST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:55:23 +1100, Mike P. <no.spam at thanks.com> wrote:

> Personally for ease of use Qt is the way to go. I'm really looking forward
> to Qt 4 coming out, and then sometime later PyQt 4. Then I'll be able to
> develop with my favourite APIs (Qt, OpenGL, and OpenSceneGraph) under a
> completely Python environment - heaven from a development perspective.

I totally agree.

For those who don't know, Qt 4 on Windows will be available under GPL.
So, you can write a (GPLed) app using Qt 4 and run it on Windows, Mac,
Linux and even embedded!

The announcement is at
http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000192.html

I hope the PyQt guys are on top of this ;)

Regards,
--
Swaroop C H
Blog: http://www.swaroopch.info