Looking for Stephen Turner, maintainer of informixdb

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Mon Mar 28 17:10:45 EST 2005

Hello everybody:

I have discovered that the functionality for connecting Python to an
Informix database is currently in a frustrating state of neglect. The
link to Kinfxdb is dead, and informixdb doesn't build on Python 2. I
couldn't find any usable workarounds to the build problem, so I worked
out successfully how to build informixdb using distutils.

Now I'd like to share the result with the community, but the maintainer
appears to have gone missing. My emails to sjturner at ix.netcom.com and
stepturn at mediaone.net have bounced back undeliverable, so now I'm
posting to the lists trying to locate Stephen.

If anybody has any pointers for locating Stephen Turner, please let me
know. If Stephen can't be located, I'd be willing to take over the
project, but I'd prefer the torch be given to me rather than me just
taking it.

Thanks,

--
  Carsten Haese - Software Engineer   |    Phone:  (419) 861-3331
        Unique Systems, Inc.          |      FAX:  (419) 861-3340
         Maumee, OH  43537            |  mailto:carsten at uniqsys.com