Python scope is too complicated

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Sun Mar 20 07:10:23 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:53:34 +0200, rumours say that Max
<rabkin at mweb[DOT]co[DOT]za> might have written:

>Yeah, I know. It's the price we pay for forsaking variable declarations.
>But for java programmers like me, Py's scoping is too complicated.
>Please explain what constitutes a block/namespace, and how to refer to
>variables outside of it.

I presume you read "4.1 Naming and binding" from Python reference manual.

"What constitutes a block" is answered in paragraph 2, for example.  Please come
back with confusing / missing information in that chapter giving us a chance to
improve the documentation.

Cheers!
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.