Appeal for python developers

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Sat Mar 5 10:52:42 EST 2005

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Accordings to Stroustrup's C++ book, the only good reason for goto
> statements in a language is to have it in computer-generated code.

I've needed goto statements when translating old code written
with gotos.

>  Most gotos are disguised function calls, so
> just copy the code in a "def".  And loops can be translated to
> "while"s almost trivially.

True, but there are some that aren't easily translated.  I
remember implementing code from Knuth.  I think it was a
prime generation algorithm.  It was MIX code that interwove
two loops and couldn't be easily untangled.

Since I just wanted to text it out I used C++ which had
both gotos and priority queues built in.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com