simultaneous copy to multiple media

Jacek Trzmiel sc0rp at hot.pl
Mon Mar 21 11:53:34 EST 2005

Claudio Grondi wrote:
> Thank you!
> This (with a drawback of blocking the entire system) does it!
> ( dzień dobry i dziękuję za tą konstruktywną odpowiedź
> na moje pytanie )

:)

> From my point of view this thread has reached
> its end (I have a solution I can live with), except if
> someone would like to contribute or point to a
> better multicopy.exe which does not block the system

Symptoms (high cpu usage, unresponsive system) look similar to situation
when you try to read/write as fast as possible from/to IDE drive running
in PIO mode.  I think that it's either USB driver problem, or inherent
design flaw in USB (anyone?).

Anyway, I've added buffersize and sleeptime options to multicopy, so you
may try to throttle it down.  Download it here:
  http://mastermind.com.pl/multicopy/

HTH,
sc0rp.