no module named fcntl

Prakash A aprakash at visolve.com
Thu Mar 31 06:59:55 EST 2005

Hello All,

        I new user to python. I am using a product called FSH, some of its parts are implemented in Python. This is like a ssh to run a command on remote machine. First time while running the fsh there was on.

        # fshd
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/bin/in.fshd", line 6, in ?
        import infshd
          File "/home/pra/fsh/1.2/Fileset/share/fsh/infshd.py", line 19, in ?
        import fcntl
        ImportError: No module named fcntl

        I solved this problem. This error is because, fcntl.sl is unable load and the user has no permission to execute the library. After changing the permission for the shared library, it works.

        But again the problem arises after some time, with out no change.

        This time

        # fshd -l user localhost
        user at localhost password:
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/bin/in.fshd", line 6, in ?
        import infshd
          File "/home/pra/fsh/1.2/Fileset/share/fsh/infshd.py", line 19, in ?
        import fcntl
        ImportError: No module named fcntl

        Pls. suggest me any solution. Pls. forgive me if it is already discussed.

Thanks & Reagrds
Prakash.A