searching for IDE

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Jun 13 12:19:58 EDT 2005

[Grumman wrote]
> alexrait1 wrote:
> > I need an IDE for python that has the ability to show the filds of a
> > class when I write "."
> > Just the way it works in eclipse/JBuilder with java or visual studio
> > with c++
> > For now I treid eric3 and IDLE they don't do this...
> >

> The ActiveState python editor (pythonwin?) does this.

To be clear: ActivePython (ActiveState's distro of Python) includes the
PyWin32 extensions by default on Windows. PyWin32 is an open source set
of extensions for Python on Windows. The PyWin32 extensions include a
Python editor called Pythonwin.
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/about.html

ActiveState also has a product called Komodo that is an IDE for a number
of dynamic languages: Python, Perl, PHP, Tcl, etc.
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/

For Visual Studio users, ActiveState also has a VS.NET plugin for Python
(Visual Python), and plugins for Perl and XSLT as well.
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Visual_Python/

Cheers,
Trent

--