A World Beyond Capitalism 2005, An Annual International Multiracial Alliance Building Peace Conference Is Accepting Proposals...

Jack Diederich jackdied at jackdied.com
Wed Jun 22 01:40:37 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:30:19PM -0400, Jenta wrote:
> A World Beyond Capitalism 2005, An Annual International Multiracial
> Alliance Building Peace Conference Is Accepting Proposals...

This must be a joke (and please please be a joke like the recent viral website
competition[1] that featured "crying while eating" and "blogebrity")

In addition to ridiculous language and quotes like:
  "Nothing could be more important than war if war could kill everything"
the website has no contact phone numbers, and requires singup before they will
even tell you the exact details of the location.  The '.info' domain also defeats
the linux 'whois' command to dig for registrar info.

The spaminess of the advertising also marks it as a not-real conference.

I cry farce!  Otherwise as a send up of prattle this is a very nice job.

-jackdied

[1] "Contagious Media" Competition
    http://showdown.contagiousmedia.org/