getting an object name

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Jun 22 08:02:15 EDT 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:00:23 +0100, rumours say that Simon Brunning
<simon.brunning at gmail.com> might have written:

>> Let's say I have a list called, alist. If I pass alist to a function,
>> how can I get the name of it?
>
>The effbot put it beautifully:

And IMO it should be in the FAQ:
(http://www.python.org/doc/faq/general.html)

"How do I get the name of an object?"

>"The same way as you get the name of that cat you found on your porch:
>the cat (object) itself cannot tell you its name, and it doesn't
>really care -- so the only way to find out what it's called is to ask
>all your neighbours (namespaces) if it's their cat (object) ... and
>don't be surprised if you'll find that it's known by many names, or no
>name at all!"

Whom should we bug to add it?
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.