Loop until condition is true

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Tue Jun 21 08:33:46 EDT 2005

Cyril BAZIN wrote:
> Another question could be: why is there not a statement "whileTrue" or
> "loop"?

I don't think the saving of a single space to transform "while True:"
into "WhileTrue:" is really worth it.  The same goes for "loop", the
added complexity to the language (as little as it is) isn't rewarded by
a large enough improvement to make it worth it.

> It could be an economy of one unuseful test by loop.

If by "economy" you mean "optimization", then I would suggest that the
difference would be unnoticeable.
--
Benji York