Using httplib to read a file online

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jun 14 12:15:17 EDT 2005

Oyvind Ostlund wrote:

> There is a server called noteme.com and a file called
> index.php on it, but why doesn't it work. If I changed
> it to 'vbforums.com' and 'index.php' then it worked.

  server.putrequest('GET', filename)                # send request andheaders
+ server.putheader('Host', servername)              # identify server
  server.putheader('Accept', 'text/html')           # POST requests workhere too
  server.endheaders()                               # as do cgi script file names

</F>