PEP ? os.listdir enhancement

Riccardo Galli riccardo_cut1 at cut2_sideralis.net
Thu Jun 23 05:05:57 EDT 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:27:06 -0500, Jeff Epler wrote:

> Why not just define the function yourself?  Not every 3-line function
> needs to be built in.

Of course I can code such a function, and I agree with the second
sentence, but I think that obtaining absolutes path is a task so commonly
needed that adding a keyword to an existing function would give a plus to
the library without adding complexity (speaking of number of modules).

Usually when you use os.listdir do you end using os.path.join to obtain
absolutes path? I'm interested to know if the task is so common as I
think, or if I'm wrong.

Thank you,
Riccardo

--