what is your opinion of zope?

Avery Warren averywarren at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 28 21:35:14 EDT 2005

The real problem is that the version of wiki we currently use
doesn't support any concept of workflow. That is fine for the
company now but as it matures in its processes, a more mature
solution will become more and more compelling.
Various solutions include...

1. The current wiki implementation is open source, modify the
freely available and unencumbered code to support workflow.

2. Convert the wiki files to plone documents that are already
workflow enabled.

3. Write a new app that uses the current wiki docs but with the
desired features.

My inquiry to comp.lang.python is part of this investigation. I'm
guessing that writing a zope application would be mandatory
for option 2 and a desireable possibility for option 3. I'm also
just curious as to the viability of zope from a developer's perspective.