COM problem .py versus .exe

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 05:00:59 EDT 2005

[Greg Miller]
| Hello again, I put the executable on the "virgin" PC today.
| I am using
| the wmi(b) that you gave me.  The error that I am receiving now is:
|
| File "autoStart.pyc", line 241, in test
| File "wmib.pyc", line 157, in ?
| File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 73, in GetObject
| File "win32com\client\__init__.pyc", line 88, in Moniker
| com_error: (-2147221020, 'Invalid syntax', None, None)
|
| any thoughts on this error?  Thanks again for the help.

Well that's a real pain! Is there any way you can run the
un-py2exed script on the virgin PC. (I guess not, as I
suppose the idea is not to have a Python installation).
Perhaps you could do it with a non-installed Moveable
Python?

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/

In any case, what are the differences between
the PC on which it works and the one on which it
doesn't? Win2K vx WinXP?
I'm trying to see if the problem is down to
py2exe, or is to do with something in the module
itself.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk