Modules for inclusion in standard library?

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:04:05 EDT 2005

While that policy does make sense, I think a database program falls
somewhere in between an OS and an everyday third party program.  For
web developers, the database might as well be the OS.  I use the
database to store everything in my web app.  That way I can just worry
about 1 place to access information and not have to fool with files
and other OS issues.

So I humbly suggest the policy should be :

Python will not include interface code for third party programs which
are not part of an operating system or database system.

..
But I have no experience in designing world class programming
langauges so forgive me if I am too bold.

-Greg